The Isreal Film Fund support is given to full length Israeli films of no less than 80 minutes long, intended primarily for cinema release.
The average budget of an Israeli Feature Film is between $500,000 to $1,000,000. The Fund can invest up to 2/3 (two thirds) of the approved budget.
Who Can Apply ?
Israeli producers, directors, scriptwriters with a proven professional background, who are Israeli citizens or permanent residents as defined in the “New Cinema Law”.
The Israel Film Fund encourages co productions with International partners who are welcome to apply and submit projects with an Israeli producer.
The Main Support Categories
1. Script & Project Development
3. Marketing & Distribution in Israel
4. Promoting the Film World Wide
How are films supported?
1. The selection of the films and the amount invested in each of the films, is based on the recommendations of the Fund’s executive director, the Fund’s head of productions and finance, the Fund’s professional consultants and on the approval of the Fund’s board of directors.
2. The support of the Fund is given in the form of an investment with a recoupment and profit share policy which provides attractive incentives to the investors.
3. The Fund may invest up to 70% of the approved “below the line” budget.
The Level of Production Support
The level of production support varies between as low as $50,000 to as high as $600,000.